Welcome to DURHAM, NC 27712
27712 is a rural zip code in Durham, North Carolina. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. At $193,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Durham metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $85,379/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 27712 earn an average of $48,250/year. Women earn only $31,674/year.
9,509 people in 27712 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 27712? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 24.4 minutes.
The median age here is 44. There are 9,596 men and 10,439 women. The median age for men is 43 while for women the median age is 46.
To give you a sense of the community, 10,664 people (out of the 20,035 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 8,224 homes, and 119 businesses every day. 30 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
27712 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 36 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Mashhad, Iran!) and -79 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 434 feet above sea level.
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Durham, NC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Durham, NC
Average Home Value in 27712: $193,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 20,035
- White Population: 14,785
- Black Population: 4,192
- Hispanic Population: 979
- Asian Population: 779
- Hawaiian Population: 17
- Indian Population: 170
- Male Population: 9,596
- Female Population: 10,439
- Median Age: 44
- Median Age of Males: 43
- Median Age of Females: 46
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: North Carolina
- CSA Name: Raleigh-Durham-Cary, NC
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Durham NC
- County: Durham
- City: Durham
- Longitude: -78.9
- Latitude: 36.1
- Elevation: 434 feet above sea level
- Area code: 919
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 9,254
- Drive alone: 8,262
- Carpool: 948
- Public transit: 0
- Ride bikes or walk: 30
- Average commute time: 24.4 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 61
- 5 - 9: 459
- 10 - 14: 1,148
- 15 - 19: 1,820
- 20 - 24: 1,977
- 25 - 29: 838
- 30 - 34: 1,573
- 35 - 39: 348
- 40 - 44: 261
- 45 - 59: 467
- 60 - 89: 143
- 90 plus: 159
- Average House Value: $193,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $78,750
- Businesses: 209
- Employees: 3,724
- Annual Payroll: $228,177,000
- Average Family Income: $85,379
- Median Family Income: $65,400
- Average Income for Men: $48,250
- Average Income for Women: $31,674
- Congressional District: 04
- Congressional District Land Area: 1253.0
- Sr Senator: Richard Burr (R)
- Jr Senator: Kay R. Hagan (D)
- US House Representative: David E. Price (D)
- County FIPS Code: 063
- State FIPS Code: 37
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 27712
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 27712 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Easley Elementary
- 302 Lebanon Circle
- Durham, NC 27712
- (919) 560-3913
- Eno Valley Elementary
- 117 Milton Road
- Durham, NC 27712
- (919) 560-3915
- Little River Elementary
- 2315 Snow Hill Road
- Durham, NC 27712
- (919) 560-3940
Photos near Zip Code 27712, Durham, NC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 27712 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://ncfindoffender.com/disclaimer.aspx. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: