Welcome to RICHMOND, VA 23236
23236 is a suburban zip code in Richmond, Virginia. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $229,000 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Richmond metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $81,498/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 23236 earn an average of $47,011/year. Women earn only $28,473/year.
13,243 people in 23236 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 23236? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 24.5 minutes.
The median age here is 41. There are 12,433 men and 13,389 women. The median age for men is 40 while for women the median age is 43.
To give you a sense of the community, 13,333 people (out of the 25,822 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 10,464 homes, and 702 businesses every day. 45 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
23236 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 37 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Sevilla, Spain!) and -78 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 290 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 23236
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Richmond, VA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Richmond, VA
Average Home Value in 23236: $229,000
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 610 Lemoine Ln, North Chesterfield, VA
- 11527 Stillbrook Rd, North Chesterfield, VA
- 11025 Bondurant Dr, Richmond, VA
- 8404 Scottingham Ct, North Chesterfield, VA
- 1919 Creek Bottom Way, North Chesterfield, VA
- 701 Lemoine Ln, North Chesterfield, VA
- 11413 Stillbrook Rd, North Chesterfield, VA
- 11431 Stillbrook Rd, North Chesterfield, VA
- Total Population: 25,822
- White Population: 18,870
- Black Population: 5,496
- Hispanic Population: 1,439
- Asian Population: 1,119
- Hawaiian Population: 40
- Indian Population: 308
- Male Population: 12,433
- Female Population: 13,389
- Median Age: 41
- Median Age of Males: 40
- Median Age of Females: 43
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Virginia
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Richmond VA
- County: Chesterfield
- City: Richmond
- Longitude: -77.6
- Latitude: 37.5
- Elevation: 291 feet above sea level
- Area code: 804
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,800
- Drive alone: 11,566
- Carpool: 1,080
- Public transit: 34
- Ride bikes or walk: 45
- Average commute time: 24.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 153
- 5 - 9: 908
- 10 - 14: 1,734
- 15 - 19: 2,073
- 20 - 24: 2,162
- 25 - 29: 1,188
- 30 - 34: 2,595
- 35 - 39: 483
- 40 - 44: 512
- 45 - 59: 534
- 60 - 89: 272
- 90 plus: 186
- Average House Value: $229,000
- Average Annual Household Income: $74,072
- Businesses: 771
- Employees: 9,729
- Annual Payroll: $491,728,000
- Average Family Income: $81,498
- Median Family Income: $64,847
- Average Income for Men: $47,011
- Average Income for Women: $28,473
- Congressional District: 04, 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 4488.0, 3514.0
- Sr Senator: Mark R. Warner (D)
- Jr Senator: Tim Kaine (D)
- US House Representative: J. Randy Forbes (R)
- County FIPS Code: 041
- State FIPS Code: 51
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 23236
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 23236 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- A. M. Davis Elem.
- 415 S Providence Rd
- Richmond, VA 23236
- (804) 674-1310
- Providence Elem.
- 11001 W. Providence Rd.
- Richmond, VA 23236
- (804) 674-1345
- Reams Road Elem.
- 10141 Reams Rd.
- Richmond, VA 23236
- (804) 674-1370
Photos near Zip Code 23236, Richmond, VA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 23236 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: