Welcome to RICHMOND, VA 23224
23224 is a suburban zip code in Richmond, Virginia. Median household income here ($27,132) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, and mostly single. Housing prices here (average $125,600) are fairly typical for the Richmond metro area.
The average family income here is $38,240/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 23224 is $29,291.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 23224 earn an average of $23,467/year. Women earn only $19,232/year.
12,311 people in 23224 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 23224? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.0 minutes.
The median age here is 31. There are 16,147 men and 17,314 women. The median age for men is 30 while for women the median age is 32.
To give you a sense of the community, 14,282 people (out of the 33,461 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 14,712 homes, and 1,192 businesses every day. 267 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
23224 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 37 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Sevilla, Spain!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 199 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 23224
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Richmond, VA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Richmond, VA
Average Home Value in 23224: $125,600
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 2836 Ennismore Ct, North Chesterfield, VA
- 3003 Waddington Dr, North Chesterfield, VA
- 3132 Newington Ct, North Chesterfield, VA
- 3210 S Battlebridge Dr, North Chesterfield, VA
- 3016 N Battlebridge Dr, North Chesterfield, VA
- 6400 Walmsley Blvd, NORTH CHESTERFIELD, VA
- 2900 Ennismore Ct, North Chesterfield, VA
- 6030 Partingdale Cir, North Chesterfield, VA
- Total Population: 33,461
- White Population: 5,659
- Black Population: 24,022
- Hispanic Population: 5,120
- Asian Population: 399
- Hawaiian Population: 99
- Indian Population: 396
- Male Population: 16,147
- Female Population: 17,314
- Median Age: 31
- Median Age of Males: 30
- Median Age of Females: 32
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Virginia
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Richmond VA
- County: Richmond
- City: Richmond
- Longitude: -77.5
- Latitude: 37.5
- Elevation: 199 feet above sea level
- Area code: 804
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,214
- Drive alone: 8,486
- Carpool: 2,293
- Public transit: 1,057
- Ride bikes or walk: 267
- Average commute time: 26.0 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 187
- 5 - 9: 624
- 10 - 14: 1,215
- 15 - 19: 2,371
- 20 - 24: 2,832
- 25 - 29: 935
- 30 - 34: 2,110
- 35 - 39: 321
- 40 - 44: 258
- 45 - 59: 655
- 60 - 89: 429
- 90 plus: 277
- Average House Value: $125,600
- Average Annual Household Income: $31,306
- Businesses: 734
- Employees: 12,648
- Annual Payroll: $631,387,000
- Average Family Income: $38,240
- Median Family Income: $27,132
- Average Income for Men: $23,467
- Average Income for Women: $19,232
- Congressional District: 07, 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 3514.0, 1117.0
- Sr Senator: Mark R. Warner (D)
- Jr Senator: Tim Kaine (D)
- US House Representative: Eric Cantor (R)
- County FIPS Code: 760
- State FIPS Code: 51
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 23224
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 23224 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Blackwell Elem.
- 1600 Everett St
- Richmond, VA 23224
- (804) 780-5078
- E. S. H. Greene Elem.
- 1745 Catalina Dr
- Richmond, VA 23224
- (804) 780-5082
- J. L. Francis Elem.
- 5146 Snead Rd
- Richmond, VA 23224
- (804) 745-3702
Photos near Zip Code 23224, Richmond, VA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 23224 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://sex-offender.vsp.virginia.gov/sor/index.htm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: