Welcome to BALTIMORE, MD 21239
21239 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Baltimore, Maryland. The population is primarily African-American, and mostly single. Looking for higher-end houses? Real estate prices here ($163,100) are significantly above average for the Baltimore-Towson metro area.
The average family income here is $57,844/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 21239 is $47,168.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 21239 earn an average of $33,862/year. Women earn only $27,197/year.
13,696 people in 21239 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 21239? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 21239 is 30.9 minutes!
The median age here is 36. There are 12,620 men and 16,173 women. The median age for men is 32 while for women the median age is 39.
To give you a sense of the community, 15,977 people (out of the 28,793 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 12,767 homes, and 183 businesses every day. 136 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
21239 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 39 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Lisbon, Portugal!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 366 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 21239
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Alhambra Iv Condo Assn Inc
- Beauregard Neighborhood Association
- Cameron Village
- Chinquapin Hollow Women's Association
- Glen Oaks Improvement Assn.
- Greater Church of The Risen Savior
- Idlewood Community Association
- Loch Raven Improvement Association, Inc.
- New Northwood Community Association, Inc
- Pentridge Apartments Tenants Assn.
- Perring Loch Community Association
- Perring Loch Covenant Association
- Ramblewood Community Assn.
- Stonewood Pentwood Winston
- Woodbourne Heights
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Baltimore, MD
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Baltimore, MD
Average Home Value in 21239: $163,100
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 28,793
- White Population: 4,731
- Black Population: 23,414
- Hispanic Population: 540
- Asian Population: 742
- Hawaiian Population: 36
- Indian Population: 211
- Male Population: 12,620
- Female Population: 16,173
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 32
- Median Age of Females: 39
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Maryland
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Baltimore-Towson MD
- County: Baltimore
- City: Baltimore
- Longitude: -76.6
- Latitude: 39.4
- Elevation: 366 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 410
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 13,428
- Drive alone: 8,792
- Carpool: 2,299
- Public transit: 2,068
- Ride bikes or walk: 136
- Average commute time: 30.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 93
- 5 - 9: 590
- 10 - 14: 1,080
- 15 - 19: 1,606
- 20 - 24: 2,756
- 25 - 29: 1,069
- 30 - 34: 2,507
- 35 - 39: 449
- 40 - 44: 508
- 45 - 59: 1,314
- 60 - 89: 937
- 90 plus: 519
- Average House Value: $163,100
- Average Annual Household Income: $51,202
- Businesses: 186
- Employees: 4,274
- Annual Payroll: $189,740,000
- Average Family Income: $57,844
- Median Family Income: $39,162
- Average Income for Men: $33,862
- Average Income for Women: $27,197
- Congressional District: 07, 03, 02
- Congressional District Land Area: 294.0, 292.0, 354.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara A. Mikulski (D)
- Jr Senator: Benjamin L. Cardin (D)
- US House Representative: Elijah E. Cummings (D)
- County FIPS Code: 510
- State FIPS Code: 24
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 21239
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 21239 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Leith Walk Elementary
- 1235 Sherwood Ave
- Baltimore, MD 21239
- (410) 396-6380
- Lois T. Murray Elementary
- 1600 Arlington Ave
- Baltimore, MD 21239
- (410) 396-7463
Photos near Zip Code 21239, Baltimore, MD
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 21239 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: