Welcome to BALTIMORE, MD 21231
21231 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Baltimore, Maryland. The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $285,400 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Baltimore-Towson metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $46,823/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 21231 is $34,517.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 21231 earn an average of $34,788/year. Women earn only $25,418/year.
7,262 people in 21231 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 21231? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 27.1 minutes.
The median age here is 32. There are 7,715 men and 8,033 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 32.
To give you a sense of the community, 7,178 people (out of the 15,748 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 7,860 homes, and 736 businesses every day. 1,141 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
21231 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 39 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Dushanbe, Tajikistan!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 46 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 21231
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Apostolic Towers Tenant Council
- Artisan's Row Assn.
- Banner Neighborhoods Community Corp.
- Broadway Area Business Assn.
- Broadway Tenant Council
- Butchers Hill Assn., Inc.
- Chapel Tenant Org.
- Citizens For Washington Hill, Inc. (PAC)
- Concerned Citizens Coalition of Patterson Park Inc.
- Concerned Citizens To Save Our Community
- Concerned Citizens of Upper Fells Pt. & W. Canton
- Douglass Tenants Council
- Fell's Point Business Association
- Fells Pt. Community Org.
- Fells Pt. HOA
- Friends of Patterson Park
- HEBCAC Village Center
- Jubilee Baltimore
- Lemko House Tenants Org.
- Mid-Point Community Assn.
- Oldtown-Council A PAC
- Patterson Place, Inc.
- Perkins Homes Resident Advisory Council
- Pleasant View Gardens Resident Council
- Presidents Council of Southeast Baltimore
- Seton Hill Arts and Community Association
- Southeast Baltimore Business Association (SEBBA)
- Southeast Community Org., Inc. (SECO/SDI)
- Upper Fells Point Community Assn.
- Waterfront Coalition
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Baltimore, MD
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Baltimore, MD
Average Home Value in 21231: $285,400
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 15,748
- White Population: 8,949
- Black Population: 5,337
- Hispanic Population: 1,821
- Asian Population: 738
- Hawaiian Population: 34
- Indian Population: 214
- Male Population: 7,715
- Female Population: 8,033
- Median Age: 32
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 32
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Maryland
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Baltimore-Towson MD
- County: Baltimore
- City: Baltimore
- Longitude: -76.6
- Latitude: 39.3
- Elevation: 46 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 410/443
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 7,112
- Drive alone: 3,680
- Carpool: 1,065
- Public transit: 1,156
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,141
- Average commute time: 27.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 230
- 5 - 9: 484
- 10 - 14: 1,148
- 15 - 19: 1,153
- 20 - 24: 1,204
- 25 - 29: 344
- 30 - 34: 1,113
- 35 - 39: 189
- 40 - 44: 164
- 45 - 59: 377
- 60 - 89: 439
- 90 plus: 267
- Average House Value: $285,400
- Average Annual Household Income: $49,788
- Businesses: 454
- Employees: 6,236
- Annual Payroll: $336,408,000
- Average Family Income: $46,823
- Median Family Income: $30,121
- Average Income for Men: $34,788
- Average Income for Women: $25,418
- Congressional District: 03, 07
- Congressional District Land Area: 292.0, 294.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara A. Mikulski (D)
- Jr Senator: Benjamin L. Cardin (D)
- US House Representative: John P. Sarbanes (D)
- County FIPS Code: 510
- State FIPS Code: 24
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 21231
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 21231 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- City Springs Elementary
- 100 S Caroline St
- Baltimore, MD 21231
- (410) 396-9165
- Commodore John Rogers Elementary
- 100 N Chester St
- Baltimore, MD 21231
- (410) 396-9300
- General Wolfe Elementary
- 245 S Wolfe St
- Baltimore, MD 21231
- (410) 396-9140
- Middle Schools
- Lombard Middle
- 1601 E Lombard St
- Baltimore, MD 21231
- (410) 396-9261
Photos near Zip Code 21231, Baltimore, MD
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 21231 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: