Welcome to BALTIMORE, MD 21201
21201 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Baltimore, Maryland. Median household income here ($16,148) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $234,800 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Baltimore-Towson metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $41,566/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 21201 is $21,102.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 21201 earn an average of $30,791/year. Women earn only $23,343/year.
5,299 people in 21201 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 21201? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 26.6 minutes.
The median age here is 30. There are 7,846 men and 9,126 women. The median age for men is 31 while for women the median age is 30.
To give you a sense of the community, 5,701 people (out of the 16,972 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 11,040 homes, and 1,902 businesses every day. 1,835 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
21201 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 39 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Pyongyang, North Korea!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 94 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 21201
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 900 Block Tyson St. Homeowners Assn.
- Actor:Charles W. Swan
- Antique Row Association of Baltimore
- Barre Circle Community Association
- Basilica Place Residents Association
- Bolton House Tenant Association
- Charles Street Association
- Chase House Tenant Council
- Day Capital
- Downtown Merchants Association
- Downtown Partnership of Baltimore, Inc.
- Landmark Tenants Association
- Lexington/Poe Tenants Council
- Market Center Merchants Association
- McCulloh Homes Resident Council
- Mt. Vernon Cultural District
- North Poppleton Homeowners Association
- Orchard Tenants' Association
- Poppleton Cooperative Incorporated
- Rosebank-Brackenridge-Bellona Assn.
- S.A.M. Improvement Association
- Seton Hill Neighborhood Association
- Seton Hill Organizations Together
- Upton Planning Committee, Inc.
- Upton West Community Association
- West Lexington St. Merchants Assn.
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Baltimore, MD
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Baltimore, MD
Average Home Value in 21201: $234,800
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 16,972
- White Population: 6,135
- Black Population: 9,221
- Hispanic Population: 571
- Asian Population: 1,718
- Hawaiian Population: 34
- Indian Population: 200
- Male Population: 7,846
- Female Population: 9,126
- Median Age: 30
- Median Age of Males: 31
- Median Age of Females: 30
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Maryland
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Baltimore-Towson MD
- County: Baltimore
- City: Baltimore
- Longitude: -76.6
- Latitude: 39.3
- Elevation: 94 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 301/410/443
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 5,176
- Drive alone: 1,684
- Carpool: 336
- Public transit: 1,270
- Ride bikes or walk: 1,835
- Average commute time: 26.6 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 191
- 5 - 9: 910
- 10 - 14: 706
- 15 - 19: 637
- 20 - 24: 771
- 25 - 29: 384
- 30 - 34: 514
- 35 - 39: 71
- 40 - 44: 107
- 45 - 59: 245
- 60 - 89: 359
- 90 plus: 281
- Average House Value: $234,800
- Average Annual Household Income: $27,126
- Businesses: 1,287
- Employees: 35,654
- Annual Payroll: $2,145,726,000
- Average Family Income: $41,566
- Median Family Income: $16,148
- Average Income for Men: $30,791
- Average Income for Women: $23,343
- Congressional District: 07, 03
- Congressional District Land Area: 294.0, 292.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara A. Mikulski (D)
- Jr Senator: Benjamin L. Cardin (D)
- US House Representative: Elijah E. Cummings (D)
- County FIPS Code: 510
- State FIPS Code: 24
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 21201
Schools in 21201 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- The Historic Samuel Coleridge Taylor Elementary
- 507 W Preston St
- Baltimore, MD 21201
- (410) 396-0783
- High Schools
- Baltimore School For The Arts
- 712 Cathedral Street
- Baltimore, MD 21201
- (410) 396-1185
- Central Career Center At Briscoe
- 900 Druid Hill Ave
- Baltimore, MD 21201
- (410) 396-0770
Photos near Zip Code 21201, Baltimore, MD
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 21201 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: