Welcome to UPPER MARLBORO, MD 20774
20774 is an affluent (median household income: $70,019) upscale suburban zip code in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. The population is primarily African-American, and about evenly divided between singles and married couples. At $333,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $84,849/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 20774 earn an average of $43,847/year. Women earn only $38,855/year.
18,287 people in 20774 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 20774? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 20774 is 38.3 minutes!
The median age here is 39. There are 19,323 men and 23,690 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 18,492 people (out of the 43,013 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 17,652 homes, and 783 businesses every day. 79 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
20774 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 39 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tianjin, China!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 98 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 20774
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Lakepointe HOA
- Manor Knolls Community Association
- The Knolls at Cabin Branch
- Westphalia Woods Condo II Association
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Upper Marlboro, MD
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Upper Marlboro, MD
Average Home Value in 20774: $333,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 2415 Newmoor Way, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 100 College Station Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 17001 Queen Anne Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 11602 W Branch Dr, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 10655 Campus Way S, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 11436 Abbottswood Ct # 51-6, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 11440 Abbottswood Ct # 51-4, Upper Marlboro, MD
- 11458 Abbottswood Ct, Upper Marlboro, MD
- Total Population: 43,013
- White Population: 2,335
- Black Population: 39,640
- Hispanic Population: 1,058
- Asian Population: 1,003
- Hawaiian Population: 33
- Indian Population: 445
- Male Population: 19,323
- Female Population: 23,690
- Median Age: 39
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: Maryland
- CSA Name: Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria DC-VA-MD-WV
- County: Prince George's
- City: Upper Marlboro
- Longitude: -76.8
- Latitude: 38.9
- Elevation: 99 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 240/301
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 18,016
- Drive alone: 13,385
- Carpool: 2,341
- Public transit: 2,132
- Ride bikes or walk: 79
- Average commute time: 38.3 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 42
- 5 - 9: 510
- 10 - 14: 989
- 15 - 19: 1,743
- 20 - 24: 1,886
- 25 - 29: 997
- 30 - 34: 3,002
- 35 - 39: 755
- 40 - 44: 1,316
- 45 - 59: 3,451
- 60 - 89: 2,569
- 90 plus: 756
- Average House Value: $333,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $95,807
- Businesses: 655
- Employees: 13,995
- Annual Payroll: $564,484,000
- Average Family Income: $84,849
- Median Family Income: $70,019
- Average Income for Men: $43,847
- Average Income for Women: $38,855
- Congressional District: 05, 04
- Congressional District Land Area: 1504.0, 315.0
- Sr Senator: Barbara A. Mikulski (D)
- Jr Senator: Benjamin L. Cardin (D)
- US House Representative: Steny H. Hoyer (D)
- County FIPS Code: 033
- State FIPS Code: 24
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 20774
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 20774 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Ardmore Elementary
- 9301 Ardwick Ardmore Road
- Springdale, MD 20774
- (301) 925-1311
- Kettering Elementary
- 11000 Layton St
- Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- (301) 808-5977
- Perrywood Elementary
- 501 Watkins Park Dr
- Largo, MD 20774
- (301) 218-3040
- Phyllis E. Williams Elementary
- 9601 Prince Pl
- Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- (301) 499-3373
Photos near Zip Code 20774, Upper Marlboro, MD
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 20774 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/onlineservs/sor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: