Welcome to WASHINGTON, DC 20037
20037 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Washington, District of Columbia. The population is primarily white, younger, and mostly single. At $546,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
Most families here are doing great financially earning $184,952/year on average.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 20037 earn an average of $53,776/year. Women earn only $28,858/year.
6,993 people in 20037 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 20037? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 18.2 minutes.
The median age here is 26. There are 6,699 men and 7,943 women. The median age for men is 27 while for women the median age is 25.
To give you a sense of the community, 3,099 people (out of the 14,642 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 7,419 homes, and 658 businesses every day. 3,606 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
20037 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 39 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Valencia, Spain!) and -77 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 58 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 20037
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- The Westbridge Condominium Assoc.
- Watergate South, Inc.
- Watergate West, Inc.
- Westend Place Condominium
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Washington, DC
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Washington, DC
Average Home Value in 20037: $546,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- 2555 Pennsylvania Ave NW APT 315, Washington, DC
- 2555 Pennsylvania Ave NW APT 201, Washington, DC
- 2401 H St NW APT 615, Washington, DC
- 1155 23rd St NW # NPH3L, Washington, DC
- 2700 Virginia Ave NW # 112, Washington, DC
- 950 25th St NW APT 519, Washington, DC
- 2700 Virginia Ave NW # 1501, Washington, DC
- 2475 Virginia Ave NW # 900/901, Washington, DC
- Total Population: 14,642
- White Population: 11,827
- Black Population: 1,165
- Hispanic Population: 845
- Asian Population: 1,837
- Hawaiian Population: 20
- Indian Population: 89
- Male Population: 6,699
- Female Population: 7,943
- Median Age: 26
- Median Age of Males: 27
- Median Age of Females: 25
- Region: South
- Division: South Atlantic
- State: District of Columbia
- CSA Name: Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Washington-Arlington-Alexandria DC-VA-MD-WV
- County: District of Columbia
- City: Washington
- Longitude: -77.1
- Latitude: 38.9
- Elevation: 59 feet above sea level
- Area code: 202
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 6,608
- Drive alone: 930
- Carpool: 173
- Public transit: 1,871
- Ride bikes or walk: 3,606
- Average commute time: 18.2 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 229
- 5 - 9: 794
- 10 - 14: 1,305
- 15 - 19: 1,628
- 20 - 24: 1,087
- 25 - 29: 354
- 30 - 34: 594
- 35 - 39: 98
- 40 - 44: 222
- 45 - 59: 224
- 60 - 89: 47
- 90 plus: 26
- Average House Value: $546,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $78,081
- Businesses: 815
- Employees: 21,046
- Annual Payroll: $1,766,753,000
- Average Family Income: $184,952
- Median Family Income: $42,487
- Average Income for Men: $53,776
- Average Income for Women: $28,858
- Congressional District: 98
- Congressional District Land Area: 61.0
- County FIPS Code: 001
- State FIPS Code: 11
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 20037
Schools in 20037 Zip Code
- Middle Schools
- Francis Junior High School
- 2425 N St Nw
- Washington, DC 20037
- (202) 724-4841
- High Schools
- School Without Walls
- 2130 G St Nw
- Washington, DC 20037
- (202) 724-4889
Photos near Zip Code 20037, Washington, DC
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 20037 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://mpdc.dc.gov/serv/sor/sor.shtm. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: