Welcome to PHILADELPHIA, PA 19151
19151 is a densely populated, urban zip code in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The population is primarily African-American, and mostly single. Housing prices here (average $125,700) are fairly typical for the Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington metro area.
The average family income here is $46,438/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 19151 is $39,686.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 19151 earn an average of $27,951/year. Women earn only $24,944/year.
12,495 people in 19151 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 19151? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 19151 is 34.9 minutes!
The median age here is 36. There are 13,416 men and 16,467 women. The median age for men is 32 while for women the median age is 38.
To give you a sense of the community, 17,163 people (out of the 29,883 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 12,423 homes, and 641 businesses every day. 452 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
19151 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 40 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Ankara, Turkey!) and -75 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 196 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 19151
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Philadelphia, PA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Philadelphia, PA
Average Home Value in 19151: $125,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 29,883
- White Population: 3,574
- Black Population: 25,800
- Hispanic Population: 817
- Asian Population: 505
- Hawaiian Population: 47
- Indian Population: 303
- Male Population: 13,416
- Female Population: 16,467
- Median Age: 36
- Median Age of Males: 32
- Median Age of Females: 38
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: Pennsylvania
- CSA Name: Philadelphia-Camden-Vineland, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington PA-NJ-DE-MD
- County: Philadelphia
- City: Philadelphia
- Longitude: -75.3
- Latitude: 40.0
- Elevation: 197 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 215
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,270
- Drive alone: 6,211
- Carpool: 1,801
- Public transit: 3,764
- Ride bikes or walk: 452
- Average commute time: 34.9 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 140
- 5 - 9: 504
- 10 - 14: 691
- 15 - 19: 1,300
- 20 - 24: 1,836
- 25 - 29: 708
- 30 - 34: 2,504
- 35 - 39: 496
- 40 - 44: 714
- 45 - 59: 1,662
- 60 - 89: 1,063
- 90 plus: 652
- Average House Value: $125,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $37,787
- Businesses: 267
- Employees: 2,255
- Annual Payroll: $55,299,000
- Average Family Income: $46,438
- Median Family Income: $33,840
- Average Income for Men: $27,951
- Average Income for Women: $24,944
- Congressional District: 01
- Congressional District Land Area: 58.0
- Sr Senator: Patrick J. Toomey (R)
- Jr Senator: Robert P., Jr. Casey (D)
- US House Representative: Robert A. Brady (D)
- County FIPS Code: 101
- State FIPS Code: 42
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 19151
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 19151 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Cassidy Lewis C Ac Plus Sch
- 6523 Lansdowne Ave
- Philadelphia, PA 19151
- (215) 581-5506
- Lamberton Robert E Sch
- 7501 Woodbine Ave
- Philadelphia, PA 19151
- (215) 581-5650
- Overbrook Edu Ctr
- 6734 Lansdowne Ave
- Philadelphia, PA 19151
- (215) 581-5517
Photos near Zip Code 19151, Philadelphia, PA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 19151 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: