Welcome to PITTSBURGH, PA 15236
15236 is a suburban zip code in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The population is primarily white, older, and mostly married couples. At $130,700 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Pittsburgh metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $66,787/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 15236 is $59,017.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 15236 earn an average of $40,987/year. Women earn only $24,548/year.
14,279 people in 15236 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 15236? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 28.5 minutes.
The median age here is 46. There are 14,031 men and 15,693 women. The median age for men is 44 while for women the median age is 48.
To give you a sense of the community, 21,055 people (out of the 29,724 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 13,385 homes, and 824 businesses every day. 194 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
15236 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 40 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Yerevan, Armenia!) and -80 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 1,172 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 15236
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 1000 Grandview Assoc. Inc.
- 30th Ward. / Knoxville
- 31st Ward Citizens Council
- Allentown Civic Association
- Arlington Civic Council
- Beechview Area Concerned Citizens
- Beechview Community Council
- Beltzhoover Citizens CDC
- Beltzhoover Neighborhood Council
- Brookline Area Community Council
- Brookline Neighborhood Planning
- Carrick Business Association
- Carrick Citparks Farmers Market
- Carrick Community
- Carrick Project
- Chanticleer Unit Owners Association
- Chatham Village Homes, Inc.
- Foxland / Linda / Ruth
- Friends of Johnny Appleseed
- Gertrude Street Block Club
- Glen Hazel Citizens Association
- Greenfield Organization Inc.
- Inglewood Drive
- Jamestown Condominium
- Lincoln Place
- Mt Lebanon Lions Farmers Market
- Mt. Washington / Duquesne Heights United
- Murray Towers Resident Council
- Overbrook Community Council
- Perry St Crime Watch
- Simmons Park Village Owners Assoc.
- South Park Trails
- South Pittsburgh Development Corp.
- South Side Citiparks Farmers Market
- Southside Slopes Neighborhood Association
- Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition
- Steel Valley
- Thirty-First Ward Citizens Council
- Upper Knoxville
- Woodridge, A Condominium
HOA Property Management Information in Pittsburgh, PA
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Pittsburgh, PA
Average Home Value in 15236: $130,700
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 29,724
- White Population: 28,096
- Black Population: 1,404
- Hispanic Population: 292
- Asian Population: 351
- Hawaiian Population: 24
- Indian Population: 116
- Male Population: 14,031
- Female Population: 15,693
- Median Age: 46
- Median Age of Males: 44
- Median Age of Females: 48
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: Pennsylvania
- CSA Name: Pittsburgh-New Castle, PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Pittsburgh PA
- County: Allegheny
- City: Pittsburgh
- Longitude: -80.0
- Latitude: 40.3
- Elevation: 1,172 feet above sea level
- Area code: 412
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 14,040
- Drive alone: 11,065
- Carpool: 1,494
- Public transit: 1,246
- Ride bikes or walk: 194
- Average commute time: 28.5 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 396
- 5 - 9: 1,316
- 10 - 14: 1,772
- 15 - 19: 1,476
- 20 - 24: 1,614
- 25 - 29: 721
- 30 - 34: 2,074
- 35 - 39: 508
- 40 - 44: 1,086
- 45 - 59: 1,940
- 60 - 89: 896
- 90 plus: 241
- Average House Value: $130,700
- Average Annual Household Income: $55,928
- Businesses: 742
- Employees: 10,596
- Annual Payroll: $332,806,000
- Average Family Income: $66,787
- Median Family Income: $46,913
- Average Income for Men: $40,987
- Average Income for Women: $24,548
- Congressional District: 14, 18
- Congressional District Land Area: 161.0, 1431.0
- Sr Senator: Patrick J. Toomey (R)
- Jr Senator: Robert P., Jr. Casey (D)
- US House Representative: Michael F. Doyle (D)
- County FIPS Code: 003
- State FIPS Code: 42
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 15236
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 15236 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Mcannulty El Sch
- 5151 Mcannulty Road
- Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- (412) 714-2020
- Mcclellan El Sch
- 360 School Ln
- Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- (412) 655-2700
- Whitehall El Sch
- 4900 Curry Rd
- Pittsburgh, PA 15236
- (412) 885-7525
Photos near Zip Code 15236, Pittsburgh, PA
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 15236 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: