Welcome to UTICA, NY 13501
13501 is a urban zip code in Utica, New York. Median household income here ($23,815) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is racially diverse, and mostly single. At $91,500 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Utica-Rome metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $45,729/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 13501 is $32,382.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 13501 earn an average of $28,979/year. Women earn only $18,983/year.
13,443 people in 13501 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 13501? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 18.1 minutes.
The median age here is 35. There are 18,360 men and 20,186 women. The median age for men is 33 while for women the median age is 36.
To give you a sense of the community, 18,202 people (out of the 38,546 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 14,222 homes, and 978 businesses every day. 645 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
13501 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 43 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Toronto, Canada!) and -75 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 547 feet above sea level.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 13501
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Utica, NY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Utica, NY
Average Home Value in 13501: $91,500
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 38,546
- White Population: 26,427
- Black Population: 7,092
- Hispanic Population: 4,307
- Asian Population: 4,191
- Hawaiian Population: 81
- Indian Population: 323
- Male Population: 18,360
- Female Population: 20,186
- Median Age: 35
- Median Age of Males: 33
- Median Age of Females: 36
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New York
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Utica-Rome NY
- County: Oneida
- City: Utica
- Longitude: -75.2
- Latitude: 43.1
- Elevation: 547 feet above sea level
- Area code: 315
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 13,238
- Drive alone: 9,379
- Carpool: 2,513
- Public transit: 596
- Ride bikes or walk: 645
- Average commute time: 18.1 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 516
- 5 - 9: 2,447
- 10 - 14: 3,235
- 15 - 19: 2,749
- 20 - 24: 1,809
- 25 - 29: 455
- 30 - 34: 1,008
- 35 - 39: 67
- 40 - 44: 166
- 45 - 59: 289
- 60 - 89: 278
- 90 plus: 219
- Average House Value: $91,500
- Average Annual Household Income: $30,886
- Businesses: 678
- Employees: 13,813
- Annual Payroll: $431,923,000
- Average Family Income: $45,729
- Median Family Income: $23,815
- Average Income for Men: $28,979
- Average Income for Women: $18,983
- Congressional District: 24
- Congressional District Land Area: 6163.0
- Sr Senator: Charles E. Schumer (D)
- Jr Senator: Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
- US House Representative: Daniel B. Maffei (D)
- County FIPS Code: 065
- State FIPS Code: 36
Schools in 13501 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- Albany Elementary School
- 1151 Albany Street
- Utica, NY 13501
- (315) 792-2150
- Christopher Columbus Elementary School
- 930 Armory Drive
- Utica, NY 13501
- (315) 792-2011
- Hugh R. Jones Elementary School
- 2630 Remington Road
- Utica, NY 13501
- (315) 792-2171
- John F. Hughes Elementary School
- 24 Prospect Street
- Utica, NY 13501
- (315) 792-2165
Photos near Zip Code 13501, Utica, NY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 13501 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: