Welcome to SYRACUSE, NY 13224
13224 is a suburban zip code in Syracuse, New York. The population is racially diverse, and mostly married couples. At $138,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the Syracuse metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family here is doing well financially earning $74,432/year.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 13224 earn an average of $46,551/year. Women earn only $32,657/year.
4,135 people in 13224 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 13224? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living here is not bad, only 17.7 minutes.
The median age here is 39. There are 4,207 men and 4,684 women. The median age for men is 37 while for women the median age is 41.
To give you a sense of the community, 5,307 people (out of the 8,891 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 3,850 homes, and 173 businesses every day. 146 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
13224 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 43 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Toronto, Canada!) and -76 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 553 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 13224
Neighborhood Link provides FREE neighborhood websites to over 35,000 neighborhoods, HOAs, condo associations, and other local groups across the US. If your neighborhood isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up your site right away!
Other nearby neighborhoods
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- Central NY Regional Market
- Downtown Syracuse Farmers Market
- Eastwood Neighborhood Association
- Housing Visions
- Maplehurst Ave.
HOA Property Management Information in Syracuse, NY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Syracuse, NY
Average Home Value in 13224: $138,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 8,891
- White Population: 4,876
- Black Population: 3,684
- Hispanic Population: 529
- Asian Population: 311
- Hawaiian Population: 17
- Indian Population: 147
- Male Population: 4,207
- Female Population: 4,684
- Median Age: 39
- Median Age of Males: 37
- Median Age of Females: 41
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New York
- CSA Name: Syracuse-Auburn, NY
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: Syracuse NY
- County: Onondaga
- City: Syracuse
- Longitude: -76.1
- Latitude: 43.0
- Elevation: 554 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 315
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,047
- Drive alone: 3,328
- Carpool: 387
- Public transit: 162
- Ride bikes or walk: 146
- Average commute time: 17.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 87
- 5 - 9: 573
- 10 - 14: 1,176
- 15 - 19: 1,100
- 20 - 24: 564
- 25 - 29: 134
- 30 - 34: 95
- 35 - 39: 17
- 40 - 44: 36
- 45 - 59: 118
- 60 - 89: 95
- 90 plus: 52
- Average House Value: $138,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $51,863
- Businesses: 185
- Employees: 2,651
- Annual Payroll: $72,565,000
- Average Family Income: $74,432
- Median Family Income: $44,960
- Average Income for Men: $46,551
- Average Income for Women: $32,657
- Congressional District: 25
- Congressional District Land Area: 1619.0
- Sr Senator: Charles E. Schumer (D)
- Jr Senator: Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
- US House Representative: Louise McIntosh Slaughter (D)
- County FIPS Code: 067
- State FIPS Code: 36
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 13224
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 13224 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- H.W. Smith Elementary School
- 1130 Salt Springs Road
- Syracuse, NY 13224
- (315) 435-4490
- Solace Elementary School
- 101 East Avenue
- Syracuse, NY 13224
- (315) 435-4877
- High Schools
- Nottingham High School
- 3100 East Genesee Street
- Syracuse, NY 13224
- (315) 435-4380
Photos near Zip Code 13224, Syracuse, NY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 13224 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: