Welcome to ARVERNE, NY 11692
11692 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Arverne, New York. Median household income here ($29,059) is significantly lower than US average ($56,604). The population is primarily African-American, and mostly single. At $375,900 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $41,956/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 11692 is $32,142.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 11692 earn an average of $31,283/year. Women earn only $24,161/year.
4,843 people in 11692 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 11692? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 11692 is 51.7 minutes!
The median age here is 33. There are 8,465 men and 10,075 women. The median age for men is 30 while for women the median age is 35.
To give you a sense of the community, 9,700 people (out of the 18,540 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 6,254 homes, and 93 businesses every day. 324 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
11692 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 41 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Naples, Italy!) and -74 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 6 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 11692
Premier Neighborhoods How to Earn a Star
- 100th Precinct Community Council
- Arvene Civic Association
- Arvene Tenants Association
- Beach 48th Street
- Beach 66th Street
- Carlton Manor Resident Council
- Edgemere Tenants Association
- Frank Ave Civic Association Of Edgemere
- Palmers Landing
- Sara Colson-Pres. Beach 66th Street
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Arverne, NY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Arverne, NY
Average Home Value in 11692: $375,900
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
Instant Home Value!
Recent Home Value Searches
- Total Population: 18,540
- White Population: 3,342
- Black Population: 12,792
- Hispanic Population: 4,081
- Asian Population: 650
- Hawaiian Population: 58
- Indian Population: 286
- Male Population: 8,465
- Female Population: 10,075
- Median Age: 33
- Median Age of Males: 30
- Median Age of Females: 35
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New York
- CSA Name: New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island NY-NJ-PA
- County: Queens
- City: Arverne
- Longitude: -73.8
- Latitude: 40.6
- Elevation: 6 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 718
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 4,759
- Drive alone: 1,473
- Carpool: 512
- Public transit: 2,433
- Ride bikes or walk: 324
- Average commute time: 51.7 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 86
- 5 - 9: 188
- 10 - 14: 337
- 15 - 19: 306
- 20 - 24: 268
- 25 - 29: 145
- 30 - 34: 484
- 35 - 39: 75
- 40 - 44: 245
- 45 - 59: 736
- 60 - 89: 1,009
- 90 plus: 880
- Average House Value: $375,900
- Average Annual Household Income: $36,875
- Businesses: 90
- Employees: 1,483
- Annual Payroll: $54,844,000
- Average Family Income: $41,956
- Median Family Income: $29,059
- Average Income for Men: $31,283
- Average Income for Women: $24,161
- Congressional District: 06
- Congressional District Land Area: 39.0
- Sr Senator: Charles E. Schumer (D)
- Jr Senator: Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
- US House Representative: Grace Meng (D)
- County FIPS Code: 081
- State FIPS Code: 36
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 11692
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 11692 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- J.H.S. 198 B. N. Cardozo Junior High School
- 365 Beach 56th Street
- Arverne, NY 11692
- (718) 945-3300
- P.S. 42 R. Vernam School
- 488 Beach 66th St
- Arverne, NY 11692
- (718) 634-7914
Photos near Zip Code 11692, Arverne, NY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 11692 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: