Welcome to MIDDLE VILLAGE, NY 11379
11379 is a densely populated, upscale urban zip code in Middle Village, New York. The population is primarily white, and mostly married couples. At $577,300 the average home value here is a bit higher than average for the New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island metro area, so this probably isn't the place to look for housing bargains.
The average family income here is $68,773/year. This is less than the national average of $70,000/year. However, the national average number is a little misleading because there are some very wealthy Americans earning $50 million a year or more. (Wouldn't that be nice!) This pushes the national average higher than in would be without those edge cases. The median household income in the US (median, meaning half of US households make more and half make less) is at about $50,000/year. Median family income in 11379 is $61,125.
An intersting fact about income: Men in 11379 earn an average of $43,882/year. Women earn only $31,375/year.
12,602 people in 11379 have jobs. This statistic includes anyone over the age of 16.
Are you thinking about moving to a neighborhood in 11379? You might be interested to know that the average commute time to work for people living in 11379 is 36.6 minutes!
The median age here is 42. There are 16,529 men and 18,292 women. The median age for men is 41 while for women the median age is 44.
To give you a sense of the community, 19,362 people (out of the 34,821 people live here) have lived in their home at least 5 years. The Post Office delivers mail to 10,998 homes, and 517 businesses every day. 582 people ride bikes or walk to work on a fairly regular basis.
11379 Zip code is located in the Eastern time zone at 41 degrees latitude (Fun Fact: this is the same latitude as Tirana, Albania!) and -74 degrees longitude. It has an average elevation of 99 feet above sea levell.
Neighborhoods in Zip Code 11379
Email Neighborhood Link Don't See Your Neighborhood?
Other nearby neighborhoods
HOA Property Management Information in Middle Village, NY
Find An HOA Property Manager
HOA Property Management Resources
- 5 Signs It's Time to Fire Your Association Manager
- How To Select the Right HOA Management Company
- Should You Hire An HOA Management Firm?
- How To Collect Delinquent HOA Dues and Fees
- Should Your HOA Invest Its Reserves?
- What Should You Expect from Your Management Company?
- Understanding Authority is Key to HOA Communication
Real Estate & Home Values in Middle Village, NY
Average Home Value in 11379: $577,300
Home Buyer and Seller Resources
- Does Mortgage Aid Hurt Your Credit?
- Loan Modification: Is it Right for You?
- Should You Refinance Your Mortgage?
- First Time Homebuyers Guide
- Financial Assistance for First Time Homebuyers
- Do You Qualify for an FHA Loan?
- Homeowners insurance: What you need to know
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- What Is A Short Sale?
- What Is A Deed-In-Lieu?
- Reverse mortgage: the pros and cons
- How to Sell Your Home In a Down Market
- 2009 Mortgage Bailout Explained
- Obama Stimulus Plan FAQ
- Total Population: 34,821
- White Population: 29,453
- Black Population: 509
- Hispanic Population: 5,728
- Asian Population: 3,069
- Hawaiian Population: 39
- Indian Population: 140
- Male Population: 16,529
- Female Population: 18,292
- Median Age: 42
- Median Age of Males: 41
- Median Age of Females: 44
- Region: Northeast
- Division: Middle Atlantic
- State: New York
- CSA Name: New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA
- CBSA Type: Metropolitan
- CBSA Name: New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island NY-NJ-PA
- County: Queens
- City: Middle Village
- Longitude: -73.9
- Latitude: 40.7
- Elevation: 100 feet above sea levele
- Area code: 718
The Commute to Work
- Total commuters: 12,336
- Drive alone: 6,027
- Carpool: 1,056
- Public transit: 4,644
- Ride bikes or walk: 582
- Average commute time: 36.6 minutes.
- 0 - 5: 112
- 5 - 9: 392
- 10 - 14: 959
- 15 - 19: 1,306
- 20 - 24: 1,619
- 25 - 29: 502
- 30 - 34: 1,760
- 35 - 39: 262
- 40 - 44: 652
- 45 - 59: 2,046
- 60 - 89: 2,256
- 90 plus: 470
- Average House Value: $577,300
- Average Annual Household Income: $63,511
- Businesses: 555
- Employees: 4,284
- Annual Payroll: $147,009,000
- Average Family Income: $68,773
- Median Family Income: $49,083
- Average Income for Men: $43,882
- Average Income for Women: $31,375
- Congressional District: 09
- Congressional District Land Area: 37.0
- Sr Senator: Charles E. Schumer (D)
- Jr Senator: Kirsten E. Gillibrand (D)
- US House Representative: Yvette D. Clarke (D)
- County FIPS Code: 081
- State FIPS Code: 36
Farmer's Markets in Zip Code 11379
Neighborhood Link provides free websites to thousands of farmer's markets across the US. If you notice a farmers market that isn't listed here yet, contact us and we'll set up a site right away!
Schools in 11379 Zip Code
- Primary Schools
- P.S. 128 Juniper Valley School
- 69 26 65th Drive
- Middle Village, NY 11379
- (718) 894-8385
- P.S. 49 Dorothy Bonawit Kole
- 79 15 Penelope Avenue
- Middle Village, NY 11379
- (718) 326-2111
- P.S. 87 Middle Village School
- 67 54 80th Street
- Middle Village, NY 11379
- (718) 326-8243
Photos near Zip Code 11379, Middle Village, NY
Sex Offender Information
For most citizens, the easiest method to obtain accurate and timely sex offender information for their local area is to visit their state sex offender registry website. States are required to provide this information for free. You do not need to pay for this information.
In the 11379 zip code, the registered sex offenders can be found at http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/nsor/. Please be sure to read all the disclaimers provided by the state.
For more information check out the resources listed below: