The Minnesota Housing Finance Agency offers mortgage loans available throughout Minnesota with entry cost assistance for low and moderate income borrowers.
The Minnesota Housing Finance Agency
The Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) offers:
- Mortgage loans through local lenders for qualified low and moderate income first-time homebuyers in Minnesota.
- Affordable, low, fixed interest rates for the life of the loan.
- Interest-free loans to help with your downpayment and closing costs.
- 30-year affordable fixed rate loans.
Minnesota Mortgage Program (MMP)
The Minnesota Mortgage Program offers mortgage loans available throughout Minnesota with entry cost assistance for low and moderate income borrowers.
Read more about the Minnesota Mortgage Program
Community Activity Set-Aside (CASA)
The CASA program has mortgage loans for specific community needs with entry cost and monthly payment assistance.
Read more about the Community Activity Set-Aside Program
Homeownership Opportunity Program (HOP)
The Homeownership Opportunity Program offers mortgage loans for short term, temporary financing for the acquisition and rehabilitation of vacant properties in, or in imminent danger of, foreclosure and for properties (vacant or occupied) in a Foreclosure Impacted Area.
Read more about the Homeownership Opportunity Program
Urban Indian Housing Program
The Urban Indian Housing Program has mortgage loans for Native Americans with entry cost and monthly payment assistance.
Read more about the Urban Indian Housing Program
Other Local Minnesota Home Loan Resources
Minnesota also has several first time home buyer and other home loan programs available through city, county, and other state agencies. Find a local Minnesota home buyer program that is right for you on the official Minnesota HUD website.
- Tips On Buying a Home
- A Guide for First Time Homebuyers
- How Much Home Can You Afford?
- First Time Homebuyer Financial Assistance
- $8,000 First Time Home Buyers Tax Credit
- Rural Single Family Home Loans
- USDA Rural Housing Repair and Rehab Loans
- Mutual Self-Help Housing Loan Program (Section 502)