almost burned down the neighborhood :-(

Posted in: Summit Parc
  • Stock
  • beaton
  • Valued Neighbor
  • USA
  • 2 Posts
  • Respect-O-Meter: Valued Neighbor

I was firing up the grill a few days ago (8/13/11) and a spark started my grass on fire. We tried beating it out with towels, but that didn't work. We started ferrying water from our kitchen sink, but due to the low water pressure it took so long to fill the containers that by the time we got it outside, the fire had doubled in size... we thought for sure the whole neighborhood was going to go up :-(


Finally, our son found the hose and with that we were able to stop the fire after it consuming only 1/2 of our back yard and no fence or house damage. (TYJ)


Anyway, just wanted to share a word of warning. If you're going to grill in August, better sit outside and watch it. Also, water down the area underneath the grill before you start!

Advertise Here!

Promote Your Business or Product for $10/mo


For just $10/mo you can promote your business or product directly to nearby residents. Buy 12 months and save 50%!