What would you do in a cardiac, breathing, or first aid emergency?
Life-saving skills matter when incidents occur.
Get your 2-year certification in:
- First Aid: Learn how to respond to common first aid emergencies, including burns; cuts; head, neck and back injuries and more.
- CPR/AED Learn how to respond to cardiac and breathing emergencies in adults, children, and infants; including the use of an AED (automated external defibrillator).
Details: Cost is just $75 per person, broken down as follows: ($15 non-refundable registration fee due at time of sign-up, with balance due day of class). This course is offered on various Sundays from 8-4 at the Coast Guard Yard in Curtis Bay.
Pre-registration is required. Please do not just show up at the gate -- you will not be admitted entrance. The instructor, Tim Welsh, is certified to teach this, as well as other courses (see below), through the American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) which follows the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. As an independent instructor, he is afforded the ability to offer this training at a fraction of the cost of big conglomerates**. Afterall, saving lives should not be about money, but rather a community that is well-educated and prepared for the worst of situations.
Classes will be scheduled once there is a minimum of 4 participants interested.
Registration fees may be made via check or paypal. Remittance info. will be provided as needed. If paying by check, check must clear bank at least 3 business days prior class. Please message me if interested.
*Other courses available, as referenced above:
- CPR Pro. Intended for healthcare professionals required to have professional-level BLS training.
- Wilderness First Aid. This16-20 hour course meets the Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid curriculum and guidelines.
- Re-cert courses (current certification required)
- Bloodborne Pathogens. Intended for any individual or employee who has a reasonable anticipation of contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials as a result of performing designated job duties.
- Emergency Medical Response. This 48 hour course is intended for non-EMS or healthcare providers desiring certification in Emergency Medical Response.
**Rates of other sources are as follows for same course material and cert:
American Red Cross $110
AACC (non-credit) $112
Annapolis School of Seamanship $125