Meeting Minutes 2/5/2016

Posted in: Board Meetings

Fairway Estates HOA Board Meeting Minutes

7:05PM, February 5th, 2016


Attendees

 

Board Members
Kip Board, Pat Russell, Al Starostanko

Other members
Sarah Menard, Jeff Smith

Scribe

 

Sarah Menard

Agenda

 

  • Position Reports

?—‹     Treasurer

?—‹     ACC Chair

  • Old Business

?—‹     Gate

?—‹     Spring Newsletter

  • New Business

?—‹     Appoint Positions

?—‹     Community Yard Sale/Barbecue

?—‹     Street sweeper

?—‹     Scope sewage lines


Position Reports

 

  • Treasurer’s Report Todd Treadway will be removed from all HOA accounts, Al Starostanko and Kip Board will be added. A debit card linked to the account (that has received no transactions,) will be removed and destroyed. All transactions will continue to be made with checks.

    We are supposed to have an annual audit of our finances, but this has never been completed. Pat has made arrangements with an accountant to generate the files and formatting necessary and to complete a 2015 audit at the cost of $800 (off budget, but will be covered with extra funds in the checking account.) Next year, we will need to hire a CPA as per state RCWs that require the audit to be performed for incomes over $50,000 (which will be met with the recent increase of annual dues.)

    Past-due lots were invoiced in November, 2015, and none of the outstanding fines have been paid. The board approved 12 lots’ overdue balances to go to collections, and 3 new lots will have liens for past due fines and unpaid dues.

 

  • ACC Board approved recommendation that homeowners will now have 14 days from the receipt of each warning to correct non-compliance violations. This change is effective immediately and replaces the previous timeframe of 30 days.

    Discussion about increasing the fines yielded no change. Fines will remain the same as in 2015.

    A homeowner has obtained an inexpensive golf cart, and asked the board to consider purchasing or renting this cart for the ACC to use in assessments as well as for security. The board determined that due to numerous factors (liability, management, maintenance, financial position, community priorities, etc.) that the offer will be declined.

 

Old Business

 

  • Gate Jeff Smith obtained estimates from 3 companies that install gates. One was discarded immediately based on mutual agreement that it wasn’t an accurate estimate. The remaining two estimates included replacement of both gates and mechanisms that will sustain full-time gate closures. Both estimates included comparable features.  Sutherland Security (our current gate maintenance company and the original installer of the existing gates,) had the lowest bid.

    Comparison and discussion of the two estimates resulted in a unanimous preference for Sutherland for both gates but with the possible addition of magnetic locks and points on each vertical bar.

    We currently don’t have funds to pay in full, but will be able to pay for the gates fully after June’s dues assessments are collected. Todd will request the suggested additions and a payment plan with Sutherland that accommodates our financial position, with a cap at $35,000. 

    Plans are in place to change the gate code biannually once new gates are installed. The board would also like to address the community for feedback regarding the elimination of the phone service to activate gate remotely from your home landline, which currently costs ~$600/year and is suspected not to get much use.

 

  • Spring Newsletter The Spring Newsletter will be mailed by the first week of May, reminding members of the ACC requirements, 2nd dues installment, yard sale and community BBQ information, new gate code.

New Business

 

  • Appointments The board (bold) and appointees (italic) are as follows:
    President: Kip Board
    Vice President: Al Starostanko
    Treasurer: Pat Russell
    Secretary: Sarah Menard
    ACC Chair: Jeff Smith
    ACC Members: Greg Hunter, Barb Shadle, Stephen Klein, Eda Starostanko

 

  • Summer Yard Sale/BBQ Dates are set. Yard sale will be held July 8th, 9th and 10th (Fri-Sun) with a community block party/barbecue the evening of Saturday, July 9th.

    We don’t have a budget for this event, so Al and Sarah have offered to sponsor burgers, hotdogs, buns and condiments. Guests can bring a side dish or dessert to make it a “potluck” style event. Board has offered use of personal tables, lawn games, barbecue and a bounce house, but additional contributions from the neighborhood are welcome.
  • Street Sweeping Board will look into resuming bi-annual street sweeping services. Kip is getting quotes.
  • Sewer Scoping It is estimated the community is due for another scope of our private sewage lines to check for partial blockages/damage. This will help prevent future sewage catastrophes. Sarah is looking for dates and results from the last scope (estimated about 2012,) and obtaining estimates on cost for this service.
  • Gate repair
  • Gate code / phone hookups
  • Street sweeper update
  • Sewage scope update
  • Finalize content of Spring Newsletter


Next Meeting Agenda Items

Adjournment

 

8:30PM, Meeting adjourned
Next Meeting: March 25th, 2016 at 7:00

Advertise Here!

Promote Your Business or Product for $10/mo

istockphoto_1682638-attention.jpg

For just $10/mo you can promote your business or product directly to nearby residents. Buy 12 months and save 50%!

Buynow